This was a successful giveaway. I apologize for not having photos. We had a lot of great photos. Key points:
- Containers: had some shelving and containers, and they went fast.
- High value old items: aggregated enough to generate interest in sewing machine parts.
- Went through the closets and found bulky items that are hard to ship. They were somewhat valuable, but I used them to “salt” the load.
- I gathered a lot of stuff into fabric bags. Most of that went – including torn clothes. People use scraps to make larger pieces of cloth.
- Put out plushies, and most didn’t go.
- Put out lots of recyclables. People cherrypicked functional parts, and left scrap. That ended up in the recycling bin.
- Put out hoarded pill bottles. I hoped to sell these, but it just didn’t happen. Some were taken, and most were recycled.
It took around 1.5 days to get rid of a 8 foot x 8 foot area full of stuff.
I should have put the recycling bin right next to all this, and packed it, and left valuable metals on top.
Here’s what’s left over: